Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- RT @EdinburghPolice: The launch of the short film ‘Mummy’s Boy’ was held at the Scottish Storytelling Centre on the High Street last night.…
- RT @EdinburghPolice: We are regularly patrolling the city as part of Operation Soteria tackling the theft and antisocial use of motorcycles…
- Local officers are at the @jkmc3 #JackKaneCentre today for a Health & Activity Day for Looked After Children organi… t.co/J3xC9Poj0N
- #LeithCommunityCops have been out conducting further foot patrols today in the wider Leith area. #WeDon'tMindTheRa… t.co/igfnVH7TXl
- #LeithCommunityCops and Special Constables working together this evening to conduct foot patrols at @Ocean_Terminal… t.co/6iJVuq2njO
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.