Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year. But it’s stressful. Finances are tight - alcohol is consumed and to some… t.co/EZgy79Y54M
- On the twELFth day of Christmas we want to show our appreciation for @polscotdogs - The real life @pawpatrol 🐶 Th… t.co/AF1Z14LERh
- After a busy day, Elf is making sure his work van & camper are parked in a well lit area, locked & any valuables ar… t.co/qbf0W8Oclm
- RT @PolScotVol: #EdinburghNorthPSYV worked at the annual Christmas fair at Crammond Kirk, Edin. They helped stallholders, served tea/coffee…
- RT @EdinburghPolice: YOUR POLICE SURVEY We need as many people as possible to complete our anonymous online policing survey within the fin…
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.