I have lived in the Portobello area most of my life. My children attend Towerbank Primary School and Nursery. As well as being on the Towerbank Parent Council, I am a board member of Towerbank After School Club (TASC), a parent run charity, and I help run POD Film Night.
Towerbank Parent Council represents the parent/carer forum. Every parent/carer with a child at Towerbank Primary or Nursery School is a member of the forum.
- To support the School and associated organisations in their work
- To improve home-school links in the interests of all pupils and parents
- To support the education and welfare of pupils at all stages
- To represent the views of the forum on the curriculum, education and welfare of the pupils
- To promote communication between the School and the wider community
- To support partnership between the School and associated educational establishments
- Membership is voluntary and is agreed at the AGM of the forum.
- Any parent/carer of a child at Towerbank can volunteer.
- Membership of the Council includes the Head Teacher, staff, Parent Staff Association (PSA) and Towerbank After School Club (TASC).
- All members have equal voting rights.
The Parent Council forms permanent and temporary sub-groups to take forward any particular issue, e.g. playground redevelopment. Members of these sub-groups may be drawn from the Parent Council or the forum, and can include co-opted members who need not be members of either.