Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- RT @litterfreeleith: .@BenMacpherson & @EdinPolNE helped @CitadelYCLeith by walking on a threadmill at @leith_market today. #WalkAMile #Cel…
- @CitadelYCLeith Willie Barr? 🚴🚴🚴🚴
- Karen & Rachel raising money for @CitadelYCLeith . Guess how many miles they will walk today? £1 a guess, money to… t.co/nTysmwaVD4
- Get yourself down to #leith market at Dock Place 2day & meet our Fiona & Niall at the Police stall. Plenty of secu… t.co/CgvwwXa8Gc
- RT @Fleming584: A celebration of all things Leith. Market stalls. Street food. Music. Saturday 29th April. #leith @dokartistspace https://t…
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.