Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- RT @AMcNeeseMechan: Not to be outdone, one of our Scottish police officers walked *NINE* miles through the snow, from Penicuik to Craigmill…
- We are Sorry! Why don't we just axe this conversation where it? You know bury the hatchet? Thinking up all these pu… t.co/dTC0Al6xWo
- Good idea 😂, it might help us get to the root of the issue. We're stumped at the moment 🤔. A new splinter group mig… t.co/q9X9cBSENF
- RT @policescotland: Please do not call 101 to report timber washed up on the coastline in Fife, Edinburgh, East Lothian and the Scottish Bo…
- RT @MCA_media: #HMCoastguard and @policescotland issue safety advice urging members of the public not to try to salvage timber that has was…
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.