Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- RT @EdinburghPolice: 90 year old William Scott missing from Chesser, last seen at Foot of Leith Walk at 4pm Tues 11th Dec. 5'1", balding wi…
- Tonight Special Constables Hamilton and Dickson walked 16,367 steps around hotspots in #Portobello to dissuade any… t.co/GhP1VnvwB7
- RT @EdinburghPolice: *** MISSING PERSON *** Can you help us trace 90yr old William Scott. Missing from Chesser area. Last seen 8.45am this…
- RT @polscotcontrol: Road has now reopened. Thank you for your patience t.co/fhHInxRUnk
- RT @edintravel: Still long delays this evening on London Road, esp around Abbeyhill, Marionville, Lochend and Craigentinny areas. Eastbound…
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.