Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- On patrol with our @Edinburgh_CC warden pals 2day, u can hardly c them cause Davy's standing about 1" away from the… t.co/W2Kf6FZA83
- Gr8 day learning about Participatory Budgeting with @MG_Andrew PS Duff presented his bid 2 fund a donut shop outsi… t.co/h923EbQl2O
- P6 @st_marys_leith get a stay safe talk from some of our #communitycops today #keepingpeoplesafe t.co/hhQlcJVOBL
- RT @trafficscotland: ⚠ The faster you drive, the less time you have to stop if something unexpected happens Please #StaySafe out there & d…
- RT @EdinburghPolice: Another worthwhile and valuable Keep Safe premises set up to help the vulnerable @FortKinnaird More info here https://…
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.