Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- RT @EdinburghPolice: It's been another busy week here in #Edinburgh. Please check out this short video that highlights some of our activity…
- Top result on Monday, Leith Community Officers in plain clothes caught a male red-handed attempting to buy children… t.co/Eo5FObG8mE
- RT @EdinburghPolice: RIGHT-WING EXTREMIST SENTENCED FOR TERRORIST OFFENCES Peter Morgan, now aged 35, has today been sentenced to 12 years…
- RT @EdinburghPolice: The Threat Level for Scotland, #Edinburgh and the #EdinburghFestival has not changed. Be alert but not alarmed. Be vig…
- PC Weaver & Spence out walking the beat in Leith today, Where did that Sunhine go??? #KeepingPeopleSafe #LoveLeith… t.co/YRfNEpLrmq
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.