Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- RT @EdinburghPolice: We received a report of a possible chemical incident within a Scottish Gas building in Waterfront Avenue around 5.15pm…
- Leith Community Policing Team we’re marking bikes at Victoria Quay today. Bike marking helps to deter thefts and i… t.co/yonIJPmSO2
- RT @Edinburgh_CC: Need some inspiration on how you help encourage people to drive responsibly in your area? Our toolkit of materials and ac…
- RT @EdinburghPolice: #StormAli Amber Warning still in place until 6pm. If you’re in the area: 🔹Watch out for falling debris and trees ⚠️ 🔹C…
- RT @EdinburghPolice: We’ve been out checking our anemometer again, #StormAli gusts getting stronger in #Edinburgh. Be vigilant for falling…
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.