Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- The old Leith Town Hall & former Sheriff Court (situated within the present day Leith Police Station) will be open… t.co/Gn2Vj28tBD
- #CommunityCops out again today with @fire_scot for the #Bingham and #Magdalene #WeekOfAction . Thank you to everyon… t.co/YVqeeoZYlL
- @LorneSchool Ceilidh Celebration of Culture (Continued). #LoveLeith t.co/VjmhfByCYz
- #LeithCommunityCops PC Weaver & Clark along with our colleagues @fire_scot (Green Watch McDonald Road) had a great… t.co/pBTBGwCaEY
- #CommunityCop PC Campbell Blackmore was back at school today @BrunstanePS. Campbell gave out some safety advice, wh… t.co/DHJ7S5Hfjd
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.