Watch Porty is a closed Facebook Group acting as a virtual neighbourhood watch scheme for local residents.
Your Local Police
You may be surprised to learn that Portobello Police Station covers the Craigentinny and Duddingston ward, while it is Craigmillar Police Station that covers Portobello and Craigmillar.
The Community Beat officers work alongside other officers to form the Community Policing Team (CPT) for the area.
Constables Matt McPherson and David Love are currently the two local officers covering the Portobello High Street and Joppa area. They hold a surgery at Portobello Library at 1pm on the last Friday of each month and you can come along and have a friendly chat with them about any issue of concern.
PC Verity Ferry is based at Portobello Police Station and is the Schools Link Officer, responsible for Portobello High School as well as Leith Academy.
Verity has spent most of her service working in the Portobello and Craigmillar area.
- RT @EdinburghPolice: We are pleased to report that 20 year old Karolina Pyrchala, who was reported missing from the Murrayburn area earlier…
- RT @CrimestopSCOT: Your bike is at risk if you don’t lock it. You can tell Crimestoppers 100% anonymously who’s handling stolen bikes. 080…
- Victims of #HumanTrafficking are visible #InPlainSight, but can you spot them? People who are trafficked may not re… t.co/wrER4AehTS
- Signs to watch out for: • Multiple female foreign nationals living at the same address. • Occupants are rarely seen… t.co/17Wdj1qiTV
- We are asking people to report to us if they see the signs of potential trafficking and sexual exploitation. For a… t.co/ZPTCNCEkaf
Follow @EdinpolNE on twitter.